Saturday, November 7, 2009

A humble beginning

Hello, and welcome to my blog!
As a college student rapidly approaching her graduation date, I am constantly worrying about what career I want to pursue. Recently, I have come to the conclusion that I would really enjoy the field of information and library science. After I graduate from The College of New Jersey with an English Degree and Professional Writing Minor, I hope to attend the college for a one year graduate program to be certified as a teacher. This will help my ability to market myself both as a public and school librarian. I then hope to attend Rutgers' Information and Library Science graduate school to earn my PhD. The purpose of this blog is to gain a greater understanding of the field; what exactly librarians do, where they work, and the topics they study in graduate school. By understanding exactly being a librarian entails, I can decide if this is defiantly the career for me. I also hope to learn what skills I should focus on improving in hopes of earning an internship this summer. This blog will be updated weekly, with interesting links, summaries, and reflections on the field of library science. I welcome comments and suggestions, as this is not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of all readers who are interested in this field.
-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment